Monday, July 19, 2010

strawberry and peach-pineapple pops!


Sorry I've been MIA!  I started my last year (extern year) of grad school this past week and it's been a little overwhelming and busy!!!  So now I'm working M-F and I get home in the evenings...but I am enjoying it.  I LOVE working with children, and I'm doing just that :) testing children's hearing!
Now, kids LOVE sweets and especially frozen treats.  I made these frozen pops a couple weeks ago, just haven't had time to make them....so here they are!  The great thing about these treats is that they don't have sugar! and are naturally sweetened.  I used different shaped trays (heart-shaped, ice-cube, and one specially for pops) to have a variety.

Here is the recipe...but you can use any fruit and mix other ingredients as you like :)


Strawberry and Peach-Pineapple
Frozen Pops:

- approx. 3 - 4 cups frozen or fresh strawberries
or
approx. 2 cups fresh peaches + 2 cup fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup of cashews (soaked in water for 3 hours)
*cashews give this treat a "yogurty" taste*
- 4 to 6 pitted dates (soaked in water for 3 hours)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- some water

In a blender, mix all ingredients until smooth. You can layer different flavors, too.  In order to do this, pour some of the strawberry mixture into the tray.  Place in freezer until semi-frozen.  Then, pour the peach-pineapple mixture on top of the half frozen strawberry mix and insert the popsicle sticks.  Place in the freezer once more until fully frozen and enjoy!
**note...if you want them sweet, you can use some maple syrup


♥ faby

No comments:

Post a Comment